This post was sponsored by USG
USG Corporation has annouced their partnership with the USA Olympic and Paralympic Teams, and the Canadian Olympic Team. USG along with their Canadian subsidary CGC, are now the official building materials sponsors of these Olympic Teams.
The four year sponsorship will provide building materials for the teams. Materials, expertise, and financial aid will help provide improvements to the facilities at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. This work will have a direct and meaningful impact for the athletes who live and train there.
Marcel Aubut, the president of the Canadian Olympic Committee, said they know it takes a village to raise a champion. The partnership with USG/CSC will continue to foster development of athletes and coaches. The entire Canadian Olympic family thanks USG for their support.
Several elite United States athletes are expected to compete in the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. USG, CGC, and L&W Supply are proud to sponsor them. The athletes include:
- Alana Nichols (Alpine Skiing and Wheelchair Basketball)
- Billy Demong, three time U.S. Paralympian and five time Paralympic medalist (Nordic Combined)
- Monique Laoureaux, four time U.S. Olympian and two time Olympic medalist (Ice Hockey)
- Joycelyn Lamoureaux, Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games silver medalist (Ice Hockey)
- Rico Roman, Sochi 2014 Paralympic hopeful (Sled Hockey)
- Seth Wescott, two time U.S. Olympian and two time Olympic gold medalist (Snowboard Cross)